Treat Disease Naturally
An herb is a plant or plant part used for its scent, flavor, or therapeutic properties. Herbal medicines are one type of dietary supplement. They are sold as tablets, capsules, powders, teas, extracts, and fresh or dried plants. People use herbal medicines to try to maintain or improve their health.
Many people believe that products labeled “natural” are always safe and good for them. This is not necessarily true. Herbal medicines do not have to go through the testing that drugs do. Some herbs, such as comfrey and ephedra, can cause serious harm. Some herbs can interact with prescription or over-the-counter medicines.
If you are thinking about using herbal medicine, first get information on it from reliable sources.
Did you know that about 25 percent of the drugs prescribed worldwide are derived from plants? Of the 252 drugs in the World Health Organization’s essential medicine list, 11 percent are exclusive of plant origin. In fact, about 200 years ago the first pharmacological compound, morphine, was produced from opium extracted from the seed pods of the poppy flower. Since then, scientists have been studying plants to create the pharmaceutical products we know today. But after years of over medicating, facing resistant bacteria in the Microbiome, and treating the illness rather than the root of the problem, people are beginning to pay more attention to natural, herbal medicine.
Millions of dollars have recently been invested in looking for promising medicinal herbs. These substantial research investments in traditional herbal medicine are still relatively modest when compared to the overall pharmaceutical industry, but it proves that researchers are beginning to steer away from conventional drug development and look toward more alternative and natural forms of treatment.
Natural plant products have been used throughout human history for various purposes. In fact, written records of the use of herbal medicine date back more than 5,000 years, and for much of history, herbal medicine was the only medicine.
Today, plants are being used to treat a number of health concerns and conditions, including allergies, arthritis, migraines, fatigue, skin infections, wounds, burns, gastrointestinal issues, and even cancer — proving that it’s true that food is medicine. These herbs are less expensive and they’re a safer means of treatment than conventional medications, which is why so many people are choosing to go back to this traditional idea of medicine.
Click here for What is Herbal Medicine
Herbal medicines are naturally occurring, plant-derived substances that are used to treat illnesses within local or regional healing practices. These products are complex mixtures of organic chemicals that may come from any raw or processed part of a plant.
Herbal medicine has its roots in every culture around the world. There are many different systems of traditional medicine, and the philosophy and practices of each are influenced by social conditions, environment, and geographic location, but these systems all agree on a holistic approach to life. Well-known systems of herbal medicine like Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurvedic Medicine believe in the central idea that there should be an emphasis on health rather than on disease. By using healing herbs, people can thrive and focus on their overall conditions, rather than on a particular ailment that typically arises from a lack of equilibrium of the mind, body, and environment.
Although botanical medicine has been practiced for thousands of years, it continues to be of use in the modern, Western world. The World Health Organization recently estimated that 80 percent of people worldwide rely on herbal medicines for some part of their primary health care, and the worldwide annual market for these products is approaching $60 billion. People in the Indian & United States have become more interested in herbal medicine because of the rising cost of prescription medication and the returning interest in natural or organic remedies.
Whole herbs contain many ingredients that are used to treat diseases and relieve symptoms. Herbal medicine, also called botanical medicine, uses the plant’s seeds, berries, roots, leaves, bark, or flowers for medicinal purposes. The biological properties of these plants have beneficial effects. Other factors are responsible for their benefits as well, such as the type of environment in which the plant grew, the way in which it was harvested and how it was processed. The plant is either sold raw or as extracts, where it’s macerated with water, alcohol or other solvents to extract some of the chemicals. The resulting products contain dozens of chemicals, including fatty acids, sterols, alkaloids, flavonoids, glycosides, saponins, and others.
Benefits of Herbal Medicine
- More Affordable than Conventional Medicine
Modern medical science certainly comes with a high price tag, and pharmaceuticals are no exception. One reason why herbal medicine is becoming more popular recently is that people simply can’t afford to pay for their medication month after month.
A systematic review published in Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine evaluated whether or not natural health products provide a cost-effective choice in the treatment of disease. Researchers found that natural health products show evidence of cost-effectiveness in relation to postoperative surgery and complications. More research is needed to determine the cost-effectiveness in other areas of modern medicine, but the preliminary data suggests that herbal products are more affordable than pharmaceuticals.
- Easier to Obtain than Prescription Medications
Herbal products, such as herbal extracts, essential oils, and herbal teas, are available in most health food and even grocery stores, so you don’t have to see a doctor get prescriptions before purchasing them. This certainly makes it easier to obtain herbal products and avoid additional health care costs.
Herbs are classified as dietary supplements, so they can be produced, sold, and marketed without going through the FDA. Although this makes it easier to purchase and use these beneficial products, it’s our job as consumers to choose among the competitors. Make sure to read the ingredients and labels carefully before using any herbal supplement. Purchase from a reputable and trustworthy company that verifies the product is 100 percent pure-grade.
- Hold Beneficial, Healing Properties
Herbs are used for the treatment of chronic and acute conditions and various ailments, including major health concerns like cardiovascular disease, prostate problems, depression, inflammation, and weakened immune system. Herbs are used around the world to treat conditions and diseases, and many studies prove their efficacy. In fact, of the 177 drugs approved worldwide for the treatment of cancer, more than 70 percent are based on natural products or chemical imitations of natural products.
Click here for Top 10 herbs used in herbal medicines
1. Raw Garlic
Garlic contains vital nutrients, including flavonoids, oligosaccharides, selenium, allicin, and high levels of sulfur. Consuming cooked or raw garlic, by adding it to food or taking a capsule, can help treat diabetes, fight inflammation, boost the immune system, regulate blood pressure, fight cardiovascular disease, relieve allergies, fight fungal and viral infections, and improve hair loss.
Studies show an inverse correlation between garlic consumption and the progress of cardiovascular disease, the leading cause of death. Research shows that garlic reduces cholesterol, inhibits platelet clustering, reduces blood pressure, and increases antioxidant status.
Ginger is the most widely used dietary condiment in the world today. The therapeutic benefits of ginger come from gingerols, the oily resin from the root that acts as a highly potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent. Gingerol, among other bioactive agents present in ginger, is able to relieve indigestion and nausea, boost immune and respiratory function, fight bacterial and fungal infections, treat stomach ulcers, reduce pain, improve diabetes, prevent malabsorption, and may even inhibit the growth of cancer cells.
According to a 2013 review of evidence published in the International Journal of Preventive Medicine, the anticancer potential of ginger is well-documented, and its functional ingredients like gingerols, shogaol, and paradols are the valuable ingredients that can prevent various cancers. Researchers also found that ginger has anti-inflammatory and antioxidative properties for controlling the aging process.
There are several ways to use ginger. It can be eaten raw, taken in powder or supplement form, consumed in liquid form by making a tea, or used topically in oil form.
Turmeric is a plant that has a very long history of medicinal use, dating back nearly 4,000 years. Modern medicine has begun to recognize its importance, as indicated by the over 3,000 publications dealing with turmeric. This powerful plant can be added to any recipe or taken as a supplement. There is a range of turmeric benefits, including its ability to slow and prevent blood clotting, fight depression, reduce inflammation, relieve arthritis pain, manage diabetes, treat gastrointestinal issues, regulate cholesterol, and fight cancer.
Several studies indicate that turmeric has potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimutagenic, antimicrobial, and anticancer properties. As an antioxidant, turmeric extracts can scavenge free radicals, increase antioxidant enzymes, and inhibit lipid peroxidation.
Ginseng is one of the most popular herbal medicines in the world, and it’s been used in Asia and North American for centuries. Native Americans used the root as a stimulant and headache remedy, as well as a treatment for infertility, fever, and indigestion, for instance.
Ginseng is also used to reduce stress, help with weight loss, treat sexual dysfunction, improve lung function, lower blood sugar levels, boost the immune system, and reduce inflammation. Ginseng is available in dried, powdered, tea, capsule, and tablet forms.
- Milk Thistle
Milk thistle extracts have been used as traditional herbal medicine remedies for almost 2,000 years. Milk thistle contains high levels of lipophilic extracts from the seeds of the plant, which act as bioflavonoids that increase immunity and slow down oxidative stress. The herb is also used for its anti-inflammatory properties. It can aid digestive function, increase bile production, boost skin health, fight the appearance of aging, lower cholesterol levels, and help detoxify the body.
This herb has protective effects in certain types of cancer, and data shows it can also be used for patients with liver diseases, hepatitis C, HIV, diabetes, and hypercholesterolemia. Milk thistle extracts, which are commonly sold in capsules, are also known to be safe and well-tolerated.
For centuries, feverfew has been used for fevers, headaches, stomachaches, toothaches, insect bites, infertility, and problems with menstruation and labor during childbirth. Feverfew’s pain-easing effect is said to come from a biochemical called parthenolide’s, which combats the widening of blood vessels that occurs in migraines. The herb is also used to prevent dizziness, relieve allergies, reduce arthritis pain, and prevent blood clots.
Several impressive human studies show the positive effects of using feverfew to prevent and treat migraines. Feverfew is also effective in the prevention of migraine headaches and does not pose any major safety concerns.
Feverfew is available in capsule form, as tablets and liquid extract. Supplements should be standardized to contain at least 0.2 percent parthenolide. The leaves of feverfew can be used to make tea, but they have a bitter taste and maybe irritate the mouth.
- St. John’s Wort
St. John’s wort has been used as a medicinal herb for its antidepressant and anti-inflammatory properties for over 2,000 years. It produces dozens of biologically active substances, but hypericin and hyperforin have the greatest medical activity. St. John’s wort uses come from its antidepressant activity, the ability to relieve PMS symptoms, improve mood during menopause, fight inflammation, relieve skin irritations, and improve symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Researchers showed that St. John’s wort was superior to placebo in improving the physical and behavioral symptoms of PMS.
- Ginkgo Biloba
Ginkgo biloba, which is also known as maidenhair, is an ancient plant extract that has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine to heal various health ailments for thousands of years. Current research shows that it’s linked to improvements in cognitive function. When researchers from Beijing University of Chinese Medicine reviewed evidence from 14 randomized controlled trials involving brain injury patients, it reported that Ginkgo Biloba extract had positive effects on patients’ neurological impairment and quality of life in nine of the trials.
Other ginkgo Biloba benefits include its ability to improve concentration and memory, reduce the risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, fight anxiety and depression, help maintain vision and eye health, relieve ADHD symptoms, improve libido, and fight fibromyalgia.
Ginkgo biloba is available in capsule, tablet, liquid extract, and dried leaf form.
- Saw Palmetto
Saw palmetto supplements are some of the most commonly consumed supplements by men with prostate cancer and benign prostatic hyperplasia. Saw palmetto has been shown to slow the production of the enzyme 5-alpha reductase, which converts the male hormone testosterone into dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a sex steroid and androgen hormone. While DHT is important because it plays a role in male development, it also contributes to many common health issues in men, such as loss of libido, an enlarged prostate and hair loss.
Saw palmetto appeared to have efficacy similar to that of medications like finasteride, but it was better tolerated and less expensive.
Aside from its ability to relieve conditions triggered by DHT, saw palmetto is also known to fight inflammation, boost immune function, treat respiratory conditions, and promote relaxation.
- Aloe Vera
In traditional Indian medicine, aloe vera is used for constipation, skin diseases, worm infestation, infections, and as a natural remedy for colic. In Chinese medicine, it’s often recommended in the treatment of fungal diseases, and in the Western world, it has found widespread use in the cosmetic, pharmaceutical, and food industries. Aloe vera is considered to be the most biologically active of the Aloe species; astonishingly, more than 75 potentially active components have been identified in the plant, including vitamins, minerals, saccharides, amino acids, anthraquinones, enzymes, lignin, saponins, and salicylic acids. It provides 20 of the 22 human-required amino acids and all eight of the essential amino acids.
Studies have proved the antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antifungal properties of aloe vera. The plant has also proved to be non-allergic and very good at building up the immune system. One study found that 30 milliliters of aloe vera juice twice a day decreased the level of discomfort in 33 patients with irritable bowel syndrome. Flatulence also decreased for the participants, but stool consistency, urgency, and frequency remained the same.
Other aloe vera benefits include its ability to soothe rashes and skin irritations; treat burns and cold sores; moisturize the skin, hair, and scalp; provide antioxidants, and reduce inflammation. Aloe vera can be used topically or orally, and it’s available in most health food stores.
Herbal Medicine Precautions
Herbal supplements are not tested to prove they’re safe and effective, unlike prescription drugs. This is why some manufacturers can get away with selling herbal products that aren’t completely pure. When buying herbs to be used for medicine, make sure to purchase 100 pure-grade products from a reputable company. This ensures that you get the highest quality product that’s not weakened with less expensive additives and isn’t grown with pesticides or contaminated with heavy metals.
Botanical medicine may also cause allergic reactions or interact with conventional drugs, which is why you should consult your health care provider before beginning any herbal treatments. Herbalists, naturopaths, physicians, pharmacists practitioners can provide information about herbal medicine and help you to choose what herb is best to address your health concerns. Be sure to do your own research on the herb you use and check for possible side effects and appropriate dosage.
Final Thoughts on Herbal Medicine
- Natural plant products have been used throughout human history for various purposes. In fact, written records of the use of herbal medicine date back more than 5,000 years.
- Herbal medicines, or botanicals, are naturally occurring, plant-derived substances that are used to treat illnesses within local or regional healing practices.
- Today, herbalism is being noticed for focusing on overall wellness and prevention rather than treating a disease or ailment once it arises.
- Herbal medicine is more cost-effective than modern medicine, it’s easier to obtain and it has several health benefits that are comparable to modern pharmaceuticals.
- Some of the most well-known and most used herbs include garlic, ginger, turmeric, saw palmetto, St. John’s wort, and aloe vera.
- While research suggests that herbal products have less adverse side effects than conventional medications, it’s important that consumers choose pure, high-quality products. If you’re planning to take herbal products for an extended period of time, see an herbalist or health care provider for guidance.
No one loves to visit a doctor but no matter how fit and healthy a person is, he or she is bound to experience any of these most common diseases. In a world where health problems are growing day after day, this list of common microbial ailments and viral infections has been reported to remain consistent in the past few decades. The rates at which they affect the global population today are already high but it is anticipated to increase even more in the upcoming years. Shockingly, some of these health conditions are so common that about 83% of the hospitals in the world make a huge income from their affected patients. It is worth noting these common diseases and the way they can be prevented as well as treated with effective home remedies.
The diseases given below are very common, but if left untreated, they can have severe implications. So, it is vital to treat them naturally and as early as possible. The list is arranged in the reverse chronological order with the most common diseases first followed by the fatal (yet common) ones in the last.
Click here for Most Common Disease - 1 to 20
- Common Cold – On average, an adult experience 2 – 3 episodes of cold per year whereas a child may have 6 – 10. Cold is one of the leading causes of the most number of doctor visits. Cold is so common worldwide that the discomfort it causes can make a person miserable. So, there are valid reasons why treating common cold should be on the top of your to-do list.
Remedy -1 :
- Step 1: Grind ½ teaspoon of pepper, 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds, ½ teaspoon of dried ginger, and fresh neem leaves (select tender ones) in a mixer-blender.
- Step 2: Dry the ground mixture in the shade. Once dry, consume them two times a day to get rid of the common cold.
- Step 1: Boil 6 – 7 tablespoons of ginger (freshly grated) in 3 cups of water for 10 – 15 minutes. Add a pinch of cinnamon powder if you want.
- Step 2: Strain the liquid and allow it to cool down a bit. Before drinking, add a few drops of honey and lemon juice for flavor. Drink twice a day to get rid of cold.
- Cough – If a cough seems simple to you, then think again because according to the World Health Organization, whooping cough causes an estimated 2 – 3 million deaths every year. After the incubation phase of 5 – 20 days, the cough infection turns very contagious. It spreads via bacteria-infected saliva droplets. So, each time the patient sneezes or coughs, others around him or she inhales and can get infected. Prolonged bouts of coughing in babies can be deadly — if it exceeds the 3-week duration, it can cause breathing problems, pneumonia, brain damage, seizures, and even death.
Remedy -1 :
- Step 1: Boil 1 cup of fresh basil leaves in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes. Wait until the quantity boils down to 1 cup.
- Step 2: Filter the mixture and add a few drops of honey. Drink it warm.
Remedy – 2 :
- Step 1: Boil some fresh fenugreek leaves with 6 – 8 raisins and ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds with 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Wait until the quantity boils down to one cup. Strain and drink when it is warm.
- Fever – Fever is not a disease. It is the natural way for the body to protect against infections. Fever is not dangerous, but if left untreated, it can lead to something severe. It is often mistaken and associated with hyperthermia (an illness where the body temperatures rise seriously high). But fever is a completely different condition.
Remedy – 1 :
- Step 1: Chop 1 – 2 garlic clove and boil in a cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Strain the mixture and sip when it is warm.
- Step 3: Drink the mixture two times a day and you’ll feel better.
Remedy – 2 :
- Step 1: Crush a few peppermint leaves and boil in a cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Strain the liquid and add a few drops of honey and a pinch of black pepper powder. Drink the mixture when it is warm. Follow this remedy 2 to 3 times a day for relief from fever.
- Headache – Headaches are one of the most common diseases of the nervous system. At some point or the other, we all suffer from a headache. Though headaches are classified into many types, the most common headache people tend to suffer is associated with stress. A headache that occasionally occurs due to stress is not dangerous but if it is recurring, it could be a sign of a migraine.
Remedy – 1 :
- Step 1: Take fresh betel leaves and grind them with a few drops of water to make a smooth paste.
- Step 2: Apply the betel leaves the paste on your forehead and temples to relieve a headache.
Remedy – 2 :
- Step 1: Crush some dry cloves and tie them in a handkerchief.
- Step 2: Whenever you have a headache, smell the aroma of the crushed cloves to feel better instantly.
- Stomach Pain: Stomachache or stomach pain is yet another common health problem that one experiences at least once or multiple times in a year. It prevents the person from enjoying a good meal and the pain can be unbearable at times.
Pain in the stomach is always an indication of an underlying problem like indigestion, food poisoning, IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), food allergies, stomach flu, injuries, etc. However, the most common reason is due to either indigestion or food poisoning.
- Step 1: Squeeze 2 lemons to extract the juice. Mix it with a glass of water.
- Step 2: Crush a piece of ginger and add it to the water. Add a pinch of black salt.
- Step 3: Stir the mixture well and drink to overcome the stomach pain (it works if it is due to indigestion).
- Step 1: Take a few tenders or newly growing mango leaves. Wash them properly and dry them.
- Step 2: Once dry, grind the leaves into powder form. Consume 1 teaspoon of this powder with honey.
- Acidity: Scientifically known as GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), is a problem that about 60% of the global adult population experiences at least once in a year whereas the remaining 40% suffers from it weekly. It is also shocking to know that besides adults, even children experience it. Occasional acidity is not a serious concern but frequent GERD surely is.
Remedy -1 :
- Step 1: Chop a few pieces of ginger and boil in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Once the quantity boils down to 1 cup, filter it and drink when it is warm.
- Step 1: Boil a teaspoon of chamomile petals (dried) with 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Strain the liquid and add a few drops of honey and lemon juice to it. Drink when it is warm.
- Over Weight ( Obesity ): One of the most common health issues the whole world suffers is obesity or overweight. The problem of obesity has doubled since the 1980s. It is the cause of most major problems like cholesterol, heart attacks, and strokes.
More than 1.5 billion adult populations in the world are obese and the numbers are increasing every minute. Obesity is the world’s fifth leading cause of death and an estimated 2.8+ million adults die every year. Being overweight is no fun. It is a serious problem, which requires serious attention and quick remedy.
- Step 1: Boil some green tea leaves in water or get a green tea bag and dip it in hot water.
- Step 2: Drink a cup of green tea every day to lose weight. A compound named epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) in natural green tea limits the absorption of fat and speeds the body’s capability to utilize fat.
- Step 1: Eating 5 to 7 curry leaves (fresh) every morning is a well-known Ayurvedic remedy to overcome obesity.
- Step 2: Repeat the remedy for a month or two, at least on alternate days for the best results. Curry leaves have a natural alkaloid named mahanimbine, which exhibits lipid-lowering and anti-obesity properties; thus, helping the body lose weight and reducing the overall triglycerides as well as cholesterol levels.
- Back pain: Back pain or Low back pain (LBP) is one of the most common health conditions that affects individual multiple times in his or her lifetime. As a person ages, it becomes recurrent. Back pain should never be taken lightly. Most back pains fade away within a month but if it lasts for three months or more, it is chronic and requires proper medical care.
- Step 1: Boil 10 to 12 fresh basil leaves in a cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Once it boils down to half the quantity, allow the mixture to warm.
- Step 3: Strain and add a pinch of salt. Drink twice a day if you have mild back pain.
- Step 1: A simple exercise like walking can help reduce back pain.
- Step 2: Walk for 30 minutes daily in the mornings, but do it in moderation. If the pain is severe, discuss it with a doctor.
- Neck Pain: Like Lower Back Pain, even neck pain is one of the common health conditions an individual suffers in his or her lifetime. On a global scale, an estimated 50% of people experience neck pain, whose symptoms can range from mild to severe. According to reports, women between the ages of 18 and 64 get frequent neck pains when compared to men. It occurs due to poor posture, stress, and sitting for long hours. About 85% of the pain emerges from the joints, ligaments, and muscles.
- Step 1: Boil some fresh vitex negundo leaves. Add a few drops of sesame oil to it.
- Step 2: Once slightly warm, take a clean cloth, dip it in the mixture, and apply to the neck pain.
- Step 3: Repeating the remedy three times a week will help gain relief from the pain faster.
- Step 1: Do a slow-motion neck exercise – side to side, ear to ear, and up & down. This will help stretch and free the neck muscles.
- Step 2: Alternatively, massaging the neck will also do the trick.
- Asthma: Asthma is one of the chronic and most common diseases that occur in the lung airways. It causes wheezing, tightness in the chest, and coughing. An estimated 2,50,000 asthma deaths occur every year. Fortunately, the condition is avoidable if the correct remedies are applied at an early stage.
- Step 1: Take some fresh betel leaves and extract its juice. Soak a few pieces of black pepper into the prepared betel leaves juice for two days.
- Step 2: Dry the mixture and powder it. Tale ½ teaspoon of it and mix it with a few drops of honey. Eat this two times a day (morning and night) after meals.
- Step 1: Boil 4 – 5 dry cloves in a cup of water. Strain the liquid and add a few drops of honey for flavor.
- Step 2: Drink the mixture twice a week for a month for the best results.
- Pimples: Pimples or acne is yet another most common skin condition that affects more than 65% of the global population. It is more commonly seen in teenagers than in adults. Pimple breakouts in the early stage require treatment. If left untreated, they can turn to a chronic skin problem called acne, which is often characterized by deeper, painful lumps, scars, whiteheads, blackheads, etc. Shockingly, embarrassment leads to anxiety and depression.
- Step 1: Mix 1 tablespoon of green gram powder with lemon juice to form a smooth paste.
- Step 2: Apply on the pimples and leave for 30 minutes. Wash off with cold water.
- Step 1: Take some fresh basil leaves and grind them with a little water to form a paste.
- Step 2: Apply the paste directly on the pimples and leave for 30 minutes. Then, wash off.
- Toothache: Toothaches are one of the most common dental problems people around the world experience. Though there are various causes of tooth pain, the common reasons include dental trauma, tooth decay, dental abscess, and extraction. Also, unhealthy eating habits, smoking, and drinking are the major causes of the most oral problems. If pain is severe visit the dentist immediately.
- Step 1: Take some fresh peppermint leaves. Wash and dry them.
- Step 2: Once dry, grind them to powder form. Mix it with a little salt. Brush with it when you have pain.
- Step 1: Grind sugar and black pepper in equal proportions.
- Step 2: Apply the mixture on the tooth pain for relief.
- Diarrhea: Diarrhea kills more than 2150 children in the world every day, which is more than malaria, measles, and AIDS combined. It is the second leading cause of global deaths of kids below the age 5. The main cause of diarrhea is contaminated water and food. It can be life-threatening if not treated on time.
- Step 1: Eat a cup of homemade, unsweetened plain yogurt.
- Step 2: Natural probiotics like yogurt helps in reducing diarrheal symptoms.
- Step 1: Boil some fresh chamomile flowers with 1 teaspoon of chopped peppermint leaves in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Once the quantity boils down to 1 cup, strain the liquid and drink 2 – 3 times a day for relief.
- Ear Infection: Scientifically known as Otitis media, an infection is the common cause of most earaches. Globally, 80% of kids are treated for at least one infection in the middle ear. Earaches can be very distressing and painful. If accompanied by fever and cold. They require immediate medical attention.
- Step 1: Take 1 tablespoon of pure sesame oil.
- Step 2: Slightly heat the oil with 1 garlic clove (peeled) with a few cumin seeds.
- Step 3: Filter the oil and allow it to cool down a bit. Use a dropper and pour a few drops into the ear.
- Step 1: Slightly heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil with a few fresh basil leaves (pinched).
- Step 2: Filter the oil and use a dropper to pour a few drops of it into the aching ear.
- Eye Irritation, Infection: Though there are many kinds of problems associated with eyes, the most common eye disease is pink eye or conjunctivitis. However, fungal eye problems can be serious but are very rare. The most frequent way for an individual to grow a fungal eye infection is an eye injury, which is often via a toxic plant thorn or a stick.
- Step 1: For eye pain, take some saffron strands and mix it with a few drops of milk.
- Step 2: Close your eyes and apply the mixture externally on the painful eye for relief.
- Step 1: For eye irritation and itching, mix ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of water.
- Step 2: Clean the eyes using this water.
- Nose Bleed: The most common misconception about nosebleeds is that only kids are vulnerable to it. However, research has revealed that nosebleeds are prevalent in senior citizens as well, which are usually a sign of an underlying health condition. But this doesn’t mean kids experience them less. Recurring nosebleeds can be a serious issue; hence, they shouldn’t be left untreated.
- Step 1: Peel an onion and slice them into thick, big spheres.
- Step 2: Hold an onion slice under the nose instantly. Wait for 5 minutes. The bleeding will stop.
- Step 1: Mix 1 teaspoon of pure cayenne pepper powder with 1 cup of warm water.
- Step 2: Drink the mixture to stop the bleeding nose instantly.
- Pneumonia: Pneumonia is a severe respiratory infection, which affects the lungs and is characterized by painful breathing.
- Step 1: Take ½ a liter of water and add 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds to it. Boil it for a while.
- Step 2: Strain the liquid and add 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice. Drink 4 cups of this in a day.
- Step 1: Boil 1 tablespoon of organic sesame seeds in 2 cups of water for 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Once the seeds are soft, add 1 tablespoon of organic flax seeds and boil again.
- Step 3: Strain it. Add a pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon of honey. Drink every morning on an empty stomach.
- Heart Stroke: Heat stroke is scientifically known as hyperthermia, a serious condition where the body temperature gets extremely high (above 104 degrees). It is life-threatening and requires immediate medical attention. If left untreated, it turns malignant. In such cases, a hyperthermia patient will experience a sudden increase in heart rates, muscle breakdown, bodily changes, excess bleeding, and failure of various organs.
- Step 1: Take some fresh leaves of the plant Portulaca oleracea ( purslane / Khursa / Luni ) and grind them with water.
- Step 2: Filter the juice and take 1 teaspoon of it every morning to overcome hyperthermia.
- Step 1: Wash some fresh Centella Asiatica ( Gotu Kola / Moti Brahmi ) leaves.
- Step 2: Chew the raw leaves every morning on an empty stomach for a few days.
- High Blood Pressure ( Hypertension ): H.O. reports that an estimated 7.7 million people die every year due to raised blood pressure. Hypertension or high blood pressure has been directly linked with fatal diseases like diabetes, kidney disorders, and heart attacks.
- Step 1: Take some fresh moringa (drumstick) leaves and extract its juice. Dry and then powder it. Alternatively, you can buy moringa powder.
- Step 2: Take two grams of moringa powder and mix it with a few drops of honey. Consume this twice a day to keep the blood pressure under control.
- Step 1: Take a cup of homemade, fresh, plain yogurt.
- Step 2: Soak 2 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds in it. Leave it overnight.
- Step 3: Apply the mixture on your head the next day. Leave for 30 minutes and shampoo.
- Low Blood Pressure ( Hypotension ): Blood pressure does not stay constant all the time. It changes. It lowers when you are asleep and increases when you get up. It also rises when you are nervous, active, or excited. But your body corrects itself to ensure that there are enough oxygen and blood flow to the kidneys, brain, and other important organs. Though hypotension is classified into different types, the majority of them happen when the body fails to bring back the blood pressure to normal. Perhaps, it is not rapid enough to perform this function.
- Step 1: Whenever you experience low blood pressure, grind 2 pieces of garlic with a glass of milk.
- Step 2: Drink the mixture to bring blood pressure to normal.
- Step 1: Add Sesbania grandiflora ( Agathi ) leaves in your daily diet.
- Step 2: These herbal leaves are known to help overcome hypotension.
Click here for Serious Disease - 21 to 40
- Type I Diabetes: According to IDF, 415 million people suffer from type I diabetes every year. Type 1 Diabetes is a serious autoimmune disorder where an individual’s pancreas stops generating insulin. Its onset is never related to lifestyle or diet. Sadly, nothing can be done to prevent type 1 diabetes at present.
- Step 1: Take 5 grams of organic sesame seeds. Soak them in 1 cup of water for at least 3 hours. Once the color of the seeds changes to white, grind them and mix it with a glass of buttermilk.
- Step 2: Drink the mixture every day to increase the insulin levels in the blood.
- Step 1: Take 1 – 2 fresh bitter gourds and eliminate the seeds. Prepare a glass of fresh bitter gourd juice.
- Step 2: Drink every morning for at least 2 months for the best results.
- Type II Diabetes: Type II Diabetes is one of the most common diseases the universe suffers from. Sadly, 50% of diabetes cases go undiagnosed in developing nations. However, type 2 diabetes can be prevented.
- Step 1: Include natural foods like fenugreek, okra, peas, sage, and broccoli in your diet.
- Step 2: The nutrients in these foods have been reported to fix type 2 diabetes.
- Step 1: Mix 1 teaspoon of bay leaves (finely ground), 1 teaspoon of turmeric, and 1 tablespoon of fresh aloe vera gel together.
- Step 2: Add a little water and stir well. Drink the mixture two times a day before lunch & dinner.
- Raised Cholesterol: Increased cholesterol is deadly yet one of the most common diseases. It is directly associated with heart attacks. Every year, an estimated 2.6 million people die due to cholesterol. Abnormal cholesterol levels are primarily due to unhealthy eating patterns.
- Step 1: Drink a glass of freshly made orange juice every day.
- Step 2: The natural fiber and vitamin C in oranges help clear the blocked blood vessels. It increases good cholesterol while decreasing the bad.
- Step 1: Boil 2 teaspoons of coriander seeds’ powder in 2 cups of water.
- Step 2: Once the quantity evaporates into 1 cup, filter it, and drink when it is warm.
- Hyperthyroidism: An estimated 200 million people in the world suffer some thyroid problem and is more common in women than men. Though it wasn’t that common in the earlier days, now it certainly is. The thyroid gland weighs only 20 grams but the hormones it produces are significant for regulating the entire body functions.
- Step 1: Boil ½ a teaspoon of the herb called mother-wort in a cup of water for 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Filter it and drink when it is warm. Drink 2 times a day. But if you are already on medications, consult your doctor because the compounds might interact.
- Step 1: Add fresh broccoli (uncooked) in your diet.
- Step 2: Broccoli has compounds like goitrogens and isothiocyanates that restrains the thyroid from generating excess hormone.
- Hypothyroidism: Hypothyroidism occurs when an individual’s thyroid gland does not produce adequate proportions of two important hormones namely – T4 & T3. Hypothyroidism affects about two persons in 100 and its prevalence increases with age.
- Step 1: Add freshly grated ginger to dishes and soups.
- Step 2: Alternatively, a cup of ginger tea can greatly help. To make ginger tea, slice a few pieces of ginger and add it to a cup of boiling water. Strain it, add a few drops of honey and drink when it is warm.
- Step 1: Add 2 tablespoons of ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) in a glass of lukewarm water.
- Step 2: Add a few drops of honey and drink the solution regularly.
- Insect Bites: Insect bites and stings aren’t dangerous. They are treatable at home. Warm weather conditions make a person spend time outdoors; however, it also the time when small insects and bugs are out of their homes. Bites are 70% harmless, but poisonous ones can be dangerous. Wear proper clothing and use insect repellents to protect yourself.
- Step 1: An ice pack works the best for any insect bite. Wrap a few ice cubes in a clean cloth.
- Step 2: Apply on the bitten part. Cold compress numbs it and lessens the inflammation.
- Step 1: Slice a piece of fresh papaya and apply it on the swollen part.
- Step 2: The enzymes in papaya will neutralize the venom and soothe the itching.
Note: For poisonous bites, meet a doctor immediately. Do not delay.
- Allergies: Allergies can be classified into many types such as food allergies, drug allergies, insect allergies, and skin allergies. An allergy occurs when an individual’s immune system responds to a foreign matter, known as an allergen, which can be something that you eat, inject, touch, or inhale. This reaction may cause sneezing, coughing, cold, scratchy throat, skin irritation, or itchy eyes. If the case is severe, it might cause hives, rashes, hypotension, breathing problems, asthma, and sometimes death.
- Step 1: If it is a food allergy, eat a teaspoon of raw, unprocessed honey.
- Step 2: Repeat this multiple times a day to get rid of the allergy soon.
- Step 1: If it is skin allergy, apply coconut oil or olive oil.
- Step 2: Both these essential oils help in healing the rashes naturally.
- Sinus : Sinus is an allergy or cold that doesn’t go away. It can be life-threatening if it turns chronic. So, don’t take your cold lightly. If it lasts for weeks, chances are that you have a sinus infection.
- Step 1: Mix 1 tablespoon of honey (slightly warmed) with ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Step 2: Consume this mixture for a few days.
- Step 1: Fry three teaspoons of cumin seeds. Grind them to get the powdered form.
- Step 2: Mix the powdered cumin with a teaspoon of sugar or even less. Eat twice a day.
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is an acute skin condition, which requires proper clinical treatment. It can affect any gender of any age group. However, it is more common in the 20s and 50s.
- Step 1: Take some fresh flowers of the plant Tanners cassia ( Tarwar / Awala ).
- Step 2: Grind the petals with green gram powder. Add enough water to make it to a smooth paste. Apply on the itchy region and have a bath after 20 minutes with warm water.
- Step 1: Take some fresh leaves of Quassia Indica ( Lokhanti / Bitterwood ) plant and extract its juice.
- Step 2: Apply it on the itchy part and wash off.
- Kidney Stone: Kidney stones are extremely painful and debilitating. Recurre2t formation of stones in the kidneys might even lead to reduced quality of life. The overall lifetime occurrence of kidney stones is about 13% in men whereas 7% in women.
- Step 1: Take a few fresh leaves of devil’s thorn ( Ulat-Kanta ) and spinach. Grind them together and extract the juice.
- Step 2: Boil the extracted juice of both the leaves in a glass of milk. Filter and drink for 20 days for the best results.
- Step 1: Take the leaves of these plants: Aerva lanata ( kapuri Jadi / Chaya ) & Cissus quadrangularis ( Hadjora ). Fry them slightly.
- Step 2: Then, add a glass of water and boil for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Step 3: Filter the liquid and drink when it is warm.
- Dengue fever: The disease is more common in tropical & sub-tropical climates. They are transmitted via mosquitoes of the genus Aedes and can turn deadly. In the initial stages, dengue fever is not dangerous, but if left untreated, it turns fatal. The final stage is death.
- Step 1: Boil immature or growing neem leaves in a cup of water.
- Step 2: Strain it and drink when it is warm.
- Step 1: Take some fresh papaya leaves, Clean them, and discard the veins.
- Step 2: Grind the leaves in a mixer with a glass of water.
- Step 3: Strain it and drink 3 – 4 times a day to overcome dengue.
- Typhoid: Typhoid is an infection caused by a bacterium called Salmonella Typhi, which usually occurs through contaminated food or water. About 67% of the typhoid cases around the globe are from Southeast Asia.
- Step 1: Get some fresh guava flowers and grind them nicely.
- Step 2: Add a cup of goat’s milk (not boiled) to the ground mixture.
- Step 3: Drink the mixture on an empty stomach thrice a day.
- Step 1: Take 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and add ½ a teaspoon of honey to it.
- Step 2: Add ½ cup of warm water to the mixture and drink it. This will boost the immune system and help fight the typhoid infection.
- Malaria: An estimated 3.2 billion people (50% of the world population) are at risk of malaria. The Sub-Saharan African regions contribute to the highest number of malaria cases.
- Step 1: Take 2 cloves, 1 cinnamon stick, and 15 grams of Swertia Chirata ( Hajora ) herbal powder.
- Step 2: Boil them in 2 cups of water. Store it and have 1- 2 teaspoons of it two times a day.
- Step 1: Grind 10 – 12 fresh basil leaves with 2 to 4 black peppers.
- Step 2: Eat this one time a day to bring the malaria fever down.
- Yellow Fever ( Jaundice ): Jaundice is one of the most common liver diseases. Around 60% of all the healthy newborns will have jaundice in the early days of life. However, it will go away within 7 – 10 days. In adults, jaundice can be severe if left untreated.
- Step 1: Take some fresh papaya leaves and discard the veins. Make a paste of it.
- Step 2: Add 1 tablespoon of honey to this paste and eat for 1 – 2 weeks to treat jaundice.
- Step 1: Take some fresh leaves of Aegle marmelos plant (Wood Apple/bael). Extract the juice.
- Step 2: Mix 1 teaspoon of pepper powder to it and drink. Along with this, ensure to drink a glass of sugarcane juice two times a day.
- Joint Pain: 1 out of 5 individuals above the age of 18 suffer from arthritis every year. Shockingly, adults aren’t the only ones to have this problem but even kids too. An estimated 300,000 kids suffer from arthritis.
- Step 1: Take some fresh leaves of the Indigofera tinctoria ( Nili / Neeli ) plant.
- Step 2: Sauté these leaves in 4 – 5 tablespoons of castor oil. Filter and massage this warm oil on the aching part.
- Step 1: Boil ½ teaspoon of turmeric and ½ teaspoon of ginger (freshly grated) in 2 cups of water.
- Step 2: Strain and a little honey. Drink two times a day.
- Dark Circles: Dark circles or eye circles is not a disease but a common skin condition. They are not life-threatening. Dark circles are an outcome of excess exposure to UV rays, unhealthy eating patterns, and stress. They will only make a person feel embarrassed. However, with effective remedies, they can be made lighter.
- Step 1: Mix equal proportions of peppermint juice, rose water, and basil leaves juice in a bowl.
- Step 2: Apply the mixture on the dark circles and leave for a while. Wash off with cold water.
- Step 1: Mix a tablespoon of fuller’s earth with a sufficient amount of pineapple juice.
- Step 2: Apply the paste to the dark circles and leave for a while. Wash off with cold water.
- Stress: Stress is not a disease but of course, the primary cause of most health problems today. It is a serious health concern, which shouldn’t be overlooked. Eventually, prolonged stress leads to sleepless nights, anxiety, stomach problems, depression, headaches, fatigue, lack of interest, etc.
- Step 1: Whenever you are stressed, go to a calm place and sit comfortably for 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Close your eyes. Take deep breaths and count up to 10. Repeat a few times to relax.
- Step 1: Warm coconut or olive oil.
- Step 2: Massage your head, shoulders, feet (bottom part), and neck. Leave it for 30 minutes.
- Step 3: Take a hot shower to reduce stress instantly.
- Chest Congestion: Chest congestion is one of the common symptoms of respiratory infections. It occurs when the mucosa or mucus membranes are inflamed and irritated. This usually happens when a person inhales some irritants. Though it isn’t a serious problem, chest congestion for a prolonged period can turn chronic and lead to other problems in the respiratory tract.
- Step 1: Grand the rind of a lemon and boil it in a cup of water for 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Strain it and gargle with it.
- Step 1: Boil 2 – 3 black pepper pieces and 1 small piece of ginger (finely chopped) in 1 cup of water.
- Step 2: After 5 to 7 minutes, turn off the stove. Strain it, add a teaspoon of honey, and drink when it is warm.
- Constipation: About 20% of the global population today suffers from constipation problems. In fact, it is one of the most common digestive problems people complain about. This health condition not only makes a person feel irritated and bloated but also is highly expensive.
- Step 1: Mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil with a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Step 2: Consume this mixture every morning on an empty stomach.
- Step 1: Mix a tablespoon of flaxseeds in a glass of water. Leave it for 3 – 4 hours.
- Step 2: Drink the water every night before going to bed. Bowel syndrome will get better.
- Snoring: About 30% of the adult populations (above the age of 30) are snorers. Now, this percentage rises to forty if middle-aged people are considered. About 2/3rd of couples report that their spouse snore. Surprisingly, even 5.6% of kids in the world are affected by habitual snoring. An average snore has a sound of 38 decibels; however, the loudest snore ever recorded was about 120 decibels, which is equivalent to the sound produced by an emergency siren.
- Step 1: Mix 1 – 2 drops of essential peppermint oil in a glass of water.
- Step 2: Gargle your mouth with this solution before bedtime. Do not swallow.
- Step 1: Add ½ a teaspoon of organic cardamom powder in a glass of water.
- Step 2: Drink the mixture thirty minutes before bedtime. Repeat the remedy for a few days to reduce snoring.
Click here for Acute Disorders - 41 to 60
- Pellagra ( Vitamin B3 deficiency ): Pellagra is another disease that occurs due to the deficiency of vitamin B3 (or niacin). It is accompanied by abnormal skin rashes, body weakness, loss of appetite, and mouth sores. If left untreated, it worsens gradually, producing acute skin inflammation, severe diarrhea, mental disturbances, and finally death.
- Step 1: Include multiple vitamin B3 rich foods in the daily diet.
- Step 2: Example: Potatoes, bananas, kiwis, tomatoes, cabbage, avocados, cabbages, etc.
- Step 1: Boil 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds in 2 cups of water for 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Add a few spinach leaves and boil again for another 5 minutes. Strain it and drink the mixture.
- Skin Burns: The death rates due to burns in high-income countries have decreased over the years, but it primarily happens in the developing countries, mostly in small-scale industries and homes. About 11+ million people in the world are severely burnt in a year. However, they are completely preventable. Minor burns can be treated at home, but severe ones require immediate medical attention.
- Step 1: Peel and grate a fresh, raw potato.
- Step 2: Apply the juice and the grated potato on the burnt skin region.
- Step 1: Cut open a fresh Aloe Vera leaf.
- Step 2: Apply the fresh gel to the burnt region for relief.
- Hair fall or hair Loss: About 50 – 100 hair loss in a day is normal but if it exceeds, it is a concern. The problem of hair loss is often associated with stress, excessive work, an underlying disease, and surgeries.
- Step 1: Make a smooth paste of rose petals, neem leaves, and curry leaves.
- Step 2: Take henna powder (based on your hair length) and mix the paste with it.
- Step 3: Add some coconut oil and apply the paste thrice a week to get rid of hair fall.
- Step 1: Take a few tablespoons of fenugreek powder & abrus precatorius ( Gunja / Ratti ) powder.
- Step 2: Mix them with pure coconut oil and leave it for a week. Filter it and apply it on the hair regularly.
- Sore Throat: 90 to 95% of the sore throats occur due to cold weather and viral infections, but this often happens because we spend most of the time indoors or with people who are already ill. Smoking or even being in a foggy atmosphere may cause a sore throat or might make the existing soreness worse.
- Step 1: Take some fresh, immature jujube ( Chota ber ) leaves. Wash them properly.
- Step 2: Boil the leaves with salt. Filter and gargle the mouth with it when it is slightly warm.
- Step 1: Take a few bay leaves and boil with water.
- Step 2: Filter it and use it as a mouthwash to get rid of a sore throat.
- Swollen Tonsils: About a generation back, the treatment for persistent sore throats, especially in children was to take away their tonsils & adenoids. However, medical science has now advanced that the need for surgeries has diminished significantly. It is common to get tonsillitis, but recurrent ones can be problematic. If left untreated, it can turn chronic and the person may suffer from constant bad breath, inflamed tonsils, sore throats, and tender lymph nodes.
- Step 1: Boil a few fresh peppermint leaves and a piece of ginger (chopped) in 2 cups of water.
- Step 2: Wait until the quantity reduces to 1 cup. Strain it and drink to soothe the inflamed tonsils.
- Step 1: Take a tablespoon of honey with 4 garlic cloves (finely crushed).
- Step 2: Add both the ingredients to a cup of hot water. Leave it until it warms.
- Step 3: Drink the solution 3 to 4 times a day for relief.
- Stretch Marks: Stretch marks are always associated with weight gain and pregnancy. However, besides these two, stress and hormonal fluctuations are also among the primary causes. In fact, sudden weight loss can also lead to the formation of stretch marks. It is important to treat them early because once they advance, they are extremely hard to treat.
- Step 1: Slightly warm some castor oil. Apply the oil on stretch marks.
- Step 2: Massage in circular motions for at least 20 minutes every day.
- Step 1: Mix 1 tablespoon of wheat germ oil, 1 teaspoon of pure tea kernel oil, 2 tablespoons of vitamin E oil, 1 tablespoon of beeswax (grated) with ½ cup of pure cocoa butter.
- Step 2: Heat the mixture. Allow it to be warm. Apply on the stretch marks twice or thrice a day. Store the remaining in the refrigerator and use it whenever it is required.
- Tuberculosis: According to WHO, Tuberculosis is one of the prominent causes of deaths worldwide. About 95% of the TB deaths happen in developing or low-income countries. The leading geographical regions are known to be India, China, Pakistan, Africa, Nigeria, South Africa, and Indonesia.
- Step 1: Take the pulp of two custard apples and boil them in ½ cup water with 20 – 20 raisins.
- Step 2: When the water quantity evaporates a little, filter the mixture and add a pinch of cardamom powder to it. Consume this two times a day to rejuvenate the tissues that are affected by TB.
- Step 1: Boil 3 tablespoons of fresh drumstick leaves with a cup of water for 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Let the mixture warm a little. Add 1 teaspoon of lime juice and a little pepper & salt. Drink the decoction on an empty stomach every morning to ease the symptoms that TB brings.
- Anthrax: There were times when anthrax used to be a rare disease, but the global statistics of people being affected by this disease seems to be increasing every year. People get anthrax from consuming the meat of infected animals.
Also, one can encounter the problem if he or she is handling the animal parts. Anthrax can also affect a person if he or she visits a place that is already affected. The countries where anthrax disease is common are Southern and Central America, Central & Southwest Asia, Eastern Europe, the Caribbean, and sub-Saharan Africa.
- Step 1: Take 1 teaspoon of the herb named Gingko Biloba – the name of herb (powdered form).
- Step 2: Boil it with 2 to 3 cups of water. Filter it, have a few tablespoons of it, and refrigerate the remaining. It is a potent herb but does not use it if you have are pregnant or suffering from seizures, diabetes, and infertility.
- Step 1: Take 2 – 3 fresh garlic cloves and chew them raw.
- Step 2: Alternatively, you can even have garlic juice. Garlic helps in fighting the anthrax infection at a faster pace.
- Cholera: The outbreak of cholera continues to affect many countries. Even today, cholera remains a primary public health issue. It affects due to contaminated water and other sanitation resources. Shockingly, 663 million people don’t get access to clean, drinking water. World Health Organization states that about 80% of the cholera cases can be easily treated using ORS (Oral Rehydration Salts). Cholera is a deadly yet common disease, which is accompanied by severe pain in the abdomen, diarrhea, fever, dehydration, weight loss, sleepiness, and vomiting.
- Step 1: A homemade ORS solution is the right way to treat cholera. Mix 6 teaspoons of sugar and ½ a teaspoon of salt in 1 liter of water (clean).
- Step 2: Drink this mixture multiple times a day for faster recovery.
- Step 1: Take a glass of water. Add 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice, a small piece of ginger (grated), 1 teaspoon of honey, a few fresh basils and mint leaves.
- Step 2: Drink the mixture two times a day for a week to recover from cholera faster.
- Chickenpox: It is one of the highly contagious and most common diseases in the world. It easily spreads via coughing, touching, and sneezing. Even though it is a common health condition, it can be prevented by taking pre-vaccinations. Also, if an individual gets it, it can be treated. But in its advanced stage, the disease can turn life-threatening, but this is rare. So, the earlier the treatment is, the better it is!
- Step 1: Grind 10 gm of poppy seeds, a piece of turmeric, and a cup of fresh neem leaves in a mixer. Add a few drops of water to make it smooth.
- Step 2: Apply the paste on the chickenpox marks for faster recovery.
- Step 1: Boil 1 cup of fresh carrots (freshly cut) and ½ cup of coriander leaves (chopped) in 2 cups of water.
- Step 2: Wait until half of the water evaporates. Filter it and drink the soup for a month for strength and rapid recovery.
- Smallpox: Smallpox is one of the acute diseases in the world. It is caused due to the virus called variola and can easily spread from one person to the other. Once an individual is affected by this virus, the initial symptoms will begin within 12 to 14 days, which include prostration, headache, fever, severe backache, vomiting, and abdominal pain. The worse part comes after this. The patient will have a sudden drop in the body temperature followed by the appearance of rashes on the hands, face, forearms, and trunk. If left untreated, it can turn fatal.
- Step 1: Make a paste of red sandalwood powder.
- Step 2: Apply on the smallpox blisters to relieve itching.
- Step 1: Boil some fresh red raspberry leaves in 2 cups of water.
- Step 2: When the quantity turns to 1 cup, filter it, and drink when it is cool.
- Polio: Polio is an extremely infectious disease. It is caused by a virus, which attacks the nervous system and paralyzes the entire body within a few hours. It mainly occurs in children below the age of five. Sadly, once polio attacks a human, there is no treatment. It can only be prevented via pre-polio vaccines.
Note: There is no cure for polio. But can be prevented with the following remedies. But use these tips only as an adjunct. The primary way to prevent this deadly disease is polio vaccines.
- Step 1: Spice up the dish enough coriander seeds powder.
- Step 2: You can even drink coriander juice to prevent polio.
- Step 1: Intense ayurvedic massages help in alleviating the pain and paralysis that has occurred.
- Step 2: Meet an ayurvedic professional and have the paralyzed muscles to repair. Though this doesn’t cure the problem, it helps to some extent.
- Depression : Depression is one the most common mental disorders that affects people across the world. Sadly, it also includes children. World Health Organization states that depression is one of the leading causes of suicides, disabilities, and other major diseases. If the problem is not identified and treated early, it can bring up suicidal thoughts in the patient.
- Step 1: Crush about 12 – 14 almonds and mix it with a tablespoon of organic honey.
- Step 2: Eat a tablespoon of this mixture two times a day morning and night to fight depression.
- Step 1: Eat fresh, grilled, or steamed asparagus thrice a week.
- Step 2: Alternatively, you can even boil powdered asparagus in 2 cups of water. Filter and allow it to be cool. Drink the decoction to fight against depression.
- Hepatitis C: Hepatitis can be classified into 5 types, among which Hepatitis C is reported to be one of the most common liver diseases. The most common ways the infection starts is via insufficient sterilization of medical equipment, transfusion of untested blood, and unsafe vaccination practices. Hepatitis C affects millions of people in the world every year. An estimated 130 – 150 of the global population suffers from chronic hepatitis C, who eventually develops liver cancer or liver cirrhosis.
- Step 1: Boil a glass of milk.
- Step 2: Mix a teaspoon of turmeric powder. Stir well and drink two times a day.
- Step 1: Chew 1 – 2 fresh garlic cloves a day.
- Step 2: The compound allicin in garlic helps in detoxifying the liver naturally.
- Osteoporosis: Globally, about 200 million people have osteoporosis out of which an estimated 8.9+ million people suffer from severe fractures every year, resulting in a painful, osteoporotic fracture every three seconds.
- Step 1: Include pineapple in your daily diet. It can be a cup of freshly cut pineapple pieces or a glass of fresh juice.
- Step 2: Pineapple is a rich source of manganese, a nutrient required to keep the bones healthy. Hence, consuming adequate amounts of pineapple truly helps.
- Step 1: Boil 2 teaspoons of coriander seeds in 2 cups of water.
- Step 2: Once the quantity decreases to one cup, filter it, and add a few drops of honey. Drink the decoction once a day.
- Autism: Autism is one of the most common mental disorders whose prevalence has drastically grown in these decades. Autism can occur to a human of any race, gender, and age. It is 4.5 times more commonly seen in boys than in girls. Sadly, there is no cure for autism, but this doesn’t mean it cannot be improved. Some learning skills, communication activities, and the right foods can be of great help.
- Step 1: Mix coconut oil with a few drops of lavender essential oil in a bowl.
- Step 2: Slightly warm the mixture and massage with it. Autistic kids experience high mood swings. They can get hyper easily. Hence, a massage with lavender oil can help them relax.
- Step 1: Take a glass of warm milk and add a teaspoon of turmeric powder to it.
- Step 2: Drinking turmeric-milk on a regular basis is known to do great help.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder ( OCD ): What was once considered a rare psychological disorder is now reported to be one of the most common problems of the brain. OCD is a mental disorder, which is characterized by compulsions and obsessions. If left unobserved, it causes high distress. OCD outranks mental problems like panic attacks, bipolar disorders, and schizophrenia. The onset of OCD falls between the age of 6 – 15 in men and 20 – 29 in women.
- Step 1: Consuming oats for breakfast helps in bringing calmness to mind and body.
- Step 2: Make sure to have oats with milk, garnished with a few fresh citrus fruits.
- Step 1: A troubled, nervous system is one of the main reasons for OCD. It is vital to soothe the nerves.
- Step 2: Prepare a bathtub of warm water and add a few drops of lemon and lavender oil to it. Have a bath and relax.
- Epilepsy: Epilepsy is one of the most common and chronic neurological disorders humans face today. It occurs due to the abnormal activity in the brain’s nerve cells. An estimated 10% of the global population will have at least 1 seizure in their lifetime, but just 1 seizure attack doesn’t indicate epilepsy. The problem is serious if the person gets 2 or more uncalled seizures.
- Step 1: Mix ½ teaspoon of baking soda and 2 tablespoons of freshly extracted lime juice in a glass of warm water.
- Step 2: Drink the mixture before going to bed on alternate days for a few weeks to see a notable difference.
- Step 1: Winter melons are one of the best remedies for epilepsies. Prepare a glass of fresh winter melon juice.
- Step 2: Drink this every morning on an empty stomach.
- Dizziness: Occasional dizziness is common but recurring can be a sign of a serious problem like vertigo – a serious health condition, which makes a person feel that the entire space around him is spinning. It affects about 40% of the adult population (who are above the age of 40) at least once.
- Step 1: To recover from dizziness, eat a healthy snack that is enriched with carbohydrates.
- Step 2: Usually, a chocolate bar or a ripe banana is given to the patient.
- Step 1: Extract the juice of 1 lemon and add it to a glass of water.
- Step 2: Mix 1 – 2 teaspoons of sugar. Stir well and drink to overcome the dizziness.
- Cataract: Cataract is one of the most common eye disorders in the world. It is a condition where the eye lens is clouded and disturbs the person from getting a clear vision. The majority of cataract cases are associated with aging. However, rarely, a kid can be born with this condition. Though cataracts can be treated surgically, this remains a significant concern in low-income countries.
Note: Getting it treated via surgery is the ideal way to eliminate the cataract but there are a few things that can be done at home to prevent the condition or to treat extremely mild eye cataracts.
- Step 1: Prepare a glass of juice made of fresh carrots, spinach, and tomatoes.
- Step 2: These three vegetables are a great source of vitamin A. Hence, drinking it every day can be of great help.
- Step 1: Mix 10 grams of these ingredients each: ginger juice, onion juice, and lemon juice.
- Step 2: Filter it and add a few drops of honey. Store the mixture in the refrigerator. Take a dropper and pour 2 drops of this solution into the affected eye every day. This will cure mild cataracts.
Click here for Uncommon Disease - 61 to 79
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma is one of the deadly and common eye disorders. According to WHO, it is the second leading reason for global blindness. It damages the optic nerves and leads to blindness. The affected eye continuously generates a fluid – scientifically known as aqueous. In the advanced stage, the damage is irreparable and permanent. So, it is vital to have your eyes examined in the initial phase.
Note: Prevention is the only way to keep yourself away from glaucoma. The loss of vision comes gradually. That’s why it is often known as the silent thief of sight.
- Step 1: Include different types of fresh green leafy vegetables in your daily diet.
- Step 2: Leafy vegetables are a good source of zeaxanthin and lutein. Both protect the cells from radical damage.
- Step 1: Have dark-colored berries like blueberries and cranberries.
- Step 2: They have bioflavonoids in them, which help in strengthening the eye capillaries.
- Dry Eyes: Dry eye syndrome is yet another common eye problems people have. The problem occurs when the eye glands fail to produce enough tears for the eye to have a clear vision. It is the disease of the ocular surface, which results in visual impairment and ocular discomfort.
- Step 1: Include sufficient amounts of omega-3 supplements in your daily diet.
- Step 2: Natural omega-3 fatty acids are one of the best ways to relieve the symptoms of dry eyes.
- Step 1: Perform some eye exercises to get rid of the strain. Blink constantly for a minute.
- Step 2: Another remedy is to slice a fresh cucumber and place them on your eyes.
- Scabies: Scabies is one of the most common skin diseases, which can affect an individual of any age group or race. It spreads quickly, especially in crowded environments like nursing homes and prisons. The prevalence of this skin problem ranges from 0.2% to 71% on a global scale.
- Step 1: Apply a few drops of neem oil on the affected skin region. Massage gently and leave for a while.
- Step 2: Take a bath using warm water. Repeat the remedy every day for a few weeks to prevent the infection from spreading further.
- Step 1: Cut open a fresh aloe vera leaf. Apply the gel on the infected skin region
- Step 2: Leave for 30 minutes and wash off with warm water.
- Irregular periods: About 70% of women in the world have irregularities in their menstrual cycle. Mostly it happens due to stress or emotional difficulties. However, prolonged irregularities in periods can be a sign of a serious health issue in the reproductive system, which is known as PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome). So, check with a gynecologist.
- Step 1: Jaggery and sesame seeds can do wonders in overcoming the problem of irregular periods. Take 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds and slightly roast them.
- Step 2: Grind the seeds with 1 teaspoon of jaggery. Eat 1 teaspoon of this powder on an empty stomach 2 weeks prior to the periods begin. Repeat this for a few months.
- Step 1: Add multiple vitamin C rich foods in your everyday diet like tomatoes, apples, oranges, berries, etc.
- Step 2: Vitamin C helps in producing estrogen (hormones that handle the menses).
- Insomnia ( lack of Sleep ): An estimated 30% of the global population has insomnia. Sleep Foundation says that widowed, divorced, and separated individuals are the primary victims. Insomnia is an issue that shouldn’t be taken lightly because it has serious negative effects. According to the researchers, people who do not get adequate sleep are vulnerable to frustration, road accidents, and high rates of lost workdays.
- Step 1: Drink a glass of warm milk before going to bed.
- Step 2: This is a well-known remedy and works because milk has a compound called tryptophan, which helps in inducing better sleep.
- Step 1: The herb named Valerian ( Tagar / Chhar ) is claimed to be an effective remedy for insomnia. Take a teaspoon of valerian roots (dried). You can buy the powdered form.
- Step 2: Boil the roots in 2 cups of water. Wait until the quantity drops to a cup. Drink before bedtime.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome ( IBS ): The correct cause of Irritable Bowel Syndrome is still unknown. However, the patient experiences heavy disturbances in the way the nervous system, gut, and brain interacts. The impact can be a mild discomfort to fatal debilitation.
- Step 1: Boil 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds (crushed) in a cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Wait until the quantity reduces to 1 cup. Strain the mixture and allow it to cool. Drink 2 times a day. Repeat the remedy for a few days to get rid of IBS.
- Step 1: Boil 2 – 3 teaspoons of chamomile flowers (dried) in 2 cups of water.
- Step 2: Wait until the quantity reduces to 1 cup. Strain the mixture and add a few drops of lemon juice to it. Allow it to be cool. Drink 2 times a day. Repeat the remedy for a few days to get rid of IBS.
- Bipolar Disorder: Bipolar disorder is one of the common mental disorders, which affects an estimated 60 million in the world. It is characterized by both depressive and maniac episodes, divided by phases of usual mood. The maniac episodes entail irritable or elevated mood, inflated self-esteem, decreased sleep, and over-activity. However, it is treatable and preventable.
- Step 1: Include foods that are rich in magnesium. It helps in balancing the mood and reduces the mania symptoms. Also, it promotes better sleep.
- Step 2: Some good sources are cashews, black beans, soybeans, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, spinach, etc.
- Step 1: Boil 1 teaspoon of licorice roots (dried) in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Once the quantity reduces to 1 cup, strain it, and drink when it is warm.
- Food Poisoning: 1 out of 10 people tend to fall ill annually from consuming contaminated food. Children under age 5 are at the maximum risk, with about 1,25,000 dying from it each year. The African and southern East Asian countries are reported to have the highest cases of foodborne diseases.
- Step1: Prepare a glass of freshly made basil leaves juice. Add one tablespoon of honey to it.
- Step2: Drink this juice several times a day to get rid of food poisoning.
- Step1: Extract the juice of a small piece of ginger and add one teaspoon of honey to it.
- Step2: Consume the mixture two times a day to overcome food poisoning.
- Dehydration: Every year, insufficient water and improper hygiene contribute to an estimated death of 1.5 million children. It is very important to keep the body hydrated because once it turns chronic, it is life-threatening. Dehydration can even result in loss of memory power, anxiety, and irritability.
- Step1: Take 4 cups of water and add 6 teaspoons of sugar and ½ teaspoons of salt to it.
- Step2: Stir it properly and drink this water several times a day.
- Step1: Drink a glass of coconut water every morning. Ditch those sports drinks and artificial beverages.
- Step 2: Coconut water is reported to be low in sugar as well as calories. It replenishes chronic dehydration than plain, drinking water.
- Nausea: Nausea is one of the most unpleasant sensations that occur in the upper abdomen. It is the expulsion of all the gastric contents via the mouth. Everyone in the world experiences it at least once or multiple times in a year, but it is a primary concern if it is recurring or turns chronic. In such cases, it is a sign of an underlying medical condition.
- Step 1: Grate a fresh piece of ginger.
- Step 2: Mix it in a cup of boiling water. Leave it for a while. Strain and drink when it is warm.
- Step 1: Chew some fresh peppermint leaves.
- Step 2: The menthol in peppermint leaves helps in getting rid of nausea.
- Gingivitis: While the majority of the people think heart diseases and cancers as the deadliest but gum problems like gingivitis are no small contenders. They can cause bone loss, tooth loss, and have been associated with fatal systemic health issues like pancreatic cancers and cardiovascular diseases. It is the inflammation of the gum tissues. There is bleeding, pain, swelling, and redness of the gums. Gum diseases are one of the most prevalent health issues, which can have shocking effects.
- Step 1: Mix ½ teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water.
- Step 2: Use this solution to rinse your mouth 2 to 3 times a day.
- Step 1: Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon and mix it a glass of water. Use the mixture as a mouthwash after you brush the teeth. Repeat the remedy two times a day to prevent bleeding gums.
- Step 2: Alternatively, you can mix 1 tablespoon of freshly extracted lemon juice with a little salt. Apply the paste on the gums and rinse with warm water after 10 minutes.
- Wisdom Teeth: The third molars or wisdom teeth are the last set of teeth to develop and emerge in the mouth. They develop between the age of 17 & 25, a phase of life which is usually known as the “Age of Wisdom.”
Extracting them is not necessary if they are painless, functional, disease-free, and cavity-free. Well, this is not common to see because most wisdom teeth cases are problematic because they emerge at abnormal angles, making it very hard to come out from the gum.
- Step 1: Keep a clove near the aching wisdom tooth.
- Step 2: Once the clove starts to release its essential oil, there will be a relief from the pain.
- Step 1: Chewing 1 – 2 guava leaves (tender ones) helps in relieving the pain.
- Step 2: Alternatively, you can boil 4 – 5 tender guava leaves in a cup of water for 5 minutes. Filter it and rinse the mouth with when it is warm. Repeat the process 2 – 3 times a day to get rid of wisdom tooth pain.
- Dysuria ( Painful Urination ): Dysuria refers to burning pain while urinating. It is one of the primary signs of an underlying internal problem like vaginitis or UTI. It is associated with the inflammation of the genitourinary tract.
- Step 1: Wash a handful of fresh chocolate weed leaves.
- Step 2: Boil the leaves with 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds and 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder. Filter the liquid and drink once a day.
- Step 1: Take cumin seeds and barley in equal proportions.
- Step 2: Mix them in freshly prepared spinach leaves juice. Bring them to boil. Add a little water if required. Strain and drink when it is warm.
- Parasites ( Intestinal Worms ): Don’t take parasites lightly because they can cause serious diseases in humans. Some parasitic problems can be treated but some cannot. Though it is most common in the tropical & sub-tropical regions, it is also seen in developed countries.
Note: The best way to get rid of intestinal worms or parasites is to cleanse the body with natural foods.
- Step 1: Boil the bark (about 2 inches) of a pomegranate tree in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Wait until the water evaporates to 1 cup. Strain it and drink 3 times a day when it is warm.
- Step 1: Boil 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Wait until the water evaporates to 1 cup. Strain it and drink 3 times a day when it is warm.
- Bad Breath: If you think that bad breath is no big deal, then think over because about 60% of the bad breath victims are more prone to be stressed. About 57% of them have reported having feelings of dejection and depression only because their mouth stinks.
- Step 1: Take 1 to 2 tender, immature bay leaves.
- Step 2: Clean them properly and chew 2 to 3 times a day.
- Step 1: Boil some fresh lemon leaves in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Strain the solution and use it as a mouthwash multiple times a day.
- Hemorrhoids ( Piles ): They are not deadly, but they make a person’s daily life miserable and incredibly challenging. It is one of the worst diseases to live with. A person suffering from hemorrhoids or piles experiences extreme pain and uneasiness in the rectal part.
They are most commonly seen in people between the ages 40 and 65 but, even young adults can experience them. A common myth associated with piles is that – hot spicy foods are the cause; however, the fact is that constipation is the primary reason.
- Step 1: Take a glass of warm goat milk.
- Step 2: Mix a little sugar and 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds (finely ground). Drink every day before going to bed.
- Step 1: Mix a teaspoon of black mustard in a cup of homemade, plain yogurt.
- Step 2: Consume this mixture once a day for a few weeks for the desired results. Make sure to chew the mustard seeds properly.
- Peptic Ulcer ( Stomach Ulcer ): Peptic ulcers are reported to be one of the most common stomach infections. In spite of decades of research, it remains to be serious trouble in humans. Peptic ulcers are often said to lead to more chronic complications like cancers and even death sometimes.
- Step 1: An effective remedy to treat stomach or peptic ulcers is to eat 2 to 3 ripe bananas per day.
- Step 2: Alternatively, you can have 2 glass of banana milkshakes a day.
- Step 1: Boil a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in 2 cups of water.
- Step 2: Strain the mixture and add a few drops of honey. Drink regularly. Also, add fenugreek leaves to your daily diet.
- Tinnitus ( ringing ears ): Tinnitus once used to be a rare ear problem; however, the global statistics reveal a different story now. People are at risk of hearing loss, among which tinnitus is a primary cause. Tinnitus is an ear condition where the patient experiences continuous ringing in the ears, which is caused by loud noises, ear infections, emotional stress, or head injury.
- Step 1: Take the extract of Ginkgo biloba and divide it into 3 doses.
- Step 2: Consume for at least 2 months for positive results. Avoid the remedy if you have seizures or you are already on some medications.
- Step 1: Take a teaspoon of mustard oil and warm it slightly.
- Step 2: Use a dropper and pour a few drops of it into the affected ear. Repeat the process for a few days.
- Chikungunya: Chikungunya is one of the serious viral diseases that is transmitted via infected mosquitoes. Once it affects the person, it causes intense joint pain and fever. Besides these, it causes fatigue, nausea, headache, and rashes. Shockingly, there is no cure, but treatments can be done to relieve the symptoms.
- Step 1: Add enough amounts of ginger and turmeric to your regular diet.
- Step 2: Both these ingredients have natural anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties to fight the infection.
- Step 1: Drink a glass of freshly made carrot juice.
- Step 2: It helps in minimizing the joint pain.
Click here for Critical Disease - 80 to 89
- Brain Tumor: Brain tumor is the 2nd leading cause of cancer-associated deaths in individuals under age 20. The average survival rate of all brain tumors (malignant) is 34.2%. The exact cause of most brain tumors is still a mystery. However, symptoms include seizures, recurrent headaches, eye weakness, personality changes, vomiting, nausea, etc. So, the symptoms that sound simple, in reality, are not. They could be a sign of a fatal disease.
Note: Disease like brain tumors requires clinical treatments. However, you can prevent it.
- Step 1: To prevent brain tumors, intake of natural foods that is rich in folic acid like green leafy vegetables, berries, oranges, spinach, beans, etc.
- Step 2: Folic acid prevents cancer cells from spreading.
- Step 1: Drink a cup of green tea every day.
- Step 2: Green tea has powerful cancer-fighting properties. It inhibits the development of tumor cells, improves the blood circulation in the body, and ensures that the nerves, as well as arteries, are healthy.
- Alzheimer’s: 1 in 4 people will have the problem of Alzheimer’s or associated dementia. It is one of the most common diseases in Western Europe and one of the leading causes of disabilities. It is characterized by confusion and memory loss.
- Step 1: Take a teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Step 2: Use these three times in your everyday cooking. Alternatively, you can prepare a cup of cinnamon & ginger tea.
- Step 1: Besides herbs and natural foods, mental exercises are reported to be highly effective in treating the problem.
- Step 2: Crosswords, writing, reading, word puzzles, and other mental exercises help in relaxing the brain as well as making it sharper.
- Parkinson’s Disease ( Neurological Movement Disorder ): The prevalence of Parkinson’s disease increases as a person ages. When compared to women, men are 1 ½ time more prone to it. Once this deadly disease attacks, it cannot be cured, but continuous medical treatments can help to some extent.
Note: Parkinson’s disease cannot be cured, but remedies can be applied to ease the symptoms.
- Step 1: “Gait training” works effectively in treating Parkinson’s symptoms. This training involves new ways to walk, turn, and stand.
- Step 2: Say, for example, take bigger steps while walking and ensure to keep the head straight. Do not use shoes that have rubber soles because they might stick to the floor and can increase the chances of tripping.
- Step 1: Drink a cup of freshly prepared green tea every day.
- Step 2: From aiding weight loss to dealing with deadly diseases like cancers, green tea has also shown positive signs in treating Parkinson’s disease.
- Prostate Cancer: According to this research, prostate cancer is the 4th deadliest and common cancer. The prevalence of prostate cancer varies based on the region. It is the highest in New Zealand, Northern America Western Europe, Northern Europe, and Australia.
Note: A person who has prostate cancer requires timely clinical treatments. However, the disease can be prevented as well as helped to some extent with the intake of the right foods.
- Step 1: Eat tomatoes. It can either fresh or in the form of juice or cooked.
- Step 2: Tomatoes have a compound called lycopene, which is a powerful antioxidant that assists in preventing and spreading of the cancer cells.
- Step 1: Eat a fresh pomegranate a day.
- Step 2: Research has demonstrated that the nutrients in pomegranate help in inhibiting the spread of cancerous cells.
- Lung Cancer: Smoking and use of tobacco are one of the primary causes for an estimated 70% of deaths from lung cancer in the world while the rest is due to HPV & HBV. About 58% of lung cancer cases are reported to be common in developing countries.
Note: A serious condition like lung cancer requires medical intervention. However, remedies can be applied as an adjunct.
- Step 1: If you are a smoker, quit this habit right away because that will worsen the condition even more.
- Step 2: Include natural foods that are enriched with vitamin D because it is one of the vital nutrients for lung cancer patients.
- Step 1: Have a cup of freshly cut noni (cheese fruit) every day.
- Step 2: Alternatively, you can even consume its extract. The fruit is reported to help in fighting against the cancer cells effectively.
- Colon Cancer: Colorectal or colon cancer is the world’s 3rd most common cancer. After two decades, colon cancer cases are anticipated to increase by 70%. Fortunately, colon cancer is 100% preventable.
Note: Colon cancer requires timely medical treatments. However, remedies can be applied to prevent it.
- Step 1: To keep the colon healthy, it is important to consume the right foods.
- Step 2: Flaxseeds are something that is good for the colon. It is enriched with fiber, proteins, minerals, vitamins, linolenic acid, and other vital phytonutrients to prevent the cancer cells from forming.
- Step 1: According to the National Cancer Institute, garlic is one of the best natural foods to prevent cancer.
- Step 2: Either eat 1 – 2 garlic cloves raw every day or use them in cooking.
- Breast Cancer: Breast cancer is the leading and most common cancer in women. In the worst stages, the breasts are removed or the disease causes death. The prevalence varies worldwide. However, the highest rates are contributed to Western Europe and Eastern Africa.
Note: A woman with breast cancer requires a periodic medical diagnosis. However, breast cancer can be prevented with the intake of right, natural foods.
- Step 1: Include broccoli in your regular diet.
- Step 2: Broccoli has a compound called linamarase gene, which breaks down into cyanides and successfully kills the tumor cells.
- Step 1: Drink a glass of wheatgrass juice regularly.
- Step 2: Wheatgrass is highly healthy and beneficial for inhibiting the cancer cells.
- HIV / AIDS: As per the 2015 reports, an estimated 36.7 million of the global population was surviving with HIV. The African regions are revealed to have the highest AIDS rates, wherein 1 in 25 adults are infected with HIV. The disease has no cure. So, prevention is the safe side.
Note: A person who is HIV positive requires immediate medical intervention. Taking it lightly can be dangerous.
- Step 1: Since HIV is caused when the person encounters the infected semen, blood, or vaginal fluids, prevention is the best remedy for HIV. Another common yet dangerous way of getting HIV is by sharing the same drug needle that an HIV-positive patient has used.
- Step 2: Have protected sex.
- Step 1: According to natural society, black seeds (Nigella sativa) are reported to be helpful for treating HIV.
- Step 2: Black seeds have multiple benefits and has been a wonderful healing remedy for ages.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease ( COPD ): COPD is one of the deadliest lung diseases, which interferes with breathing. The primary cause is none other than tobacco. It has no cure, but regular treatments can slow down the disease’s progress.
Note: A life-threatening problem like COPD requires proper medical supervision. However, you can prevent it.
- Step 1: Since 90% of the COPD cases are due to smoking, quitting it is the right remedy to slow down its progress.
- Step 2: Besides quitting smoking, bring some healthy lifestyle changes like exercising and consuming natural foods.
- Step 1: Reduce stress levels by drinking a cup of green tea.
- Step 2: The antioxidants in green tea helps in eliminating the inflammation and oxidative stress.
- Heart Attack: According to WHO, cardiovascular diseases are not only common but also the leading cause of most deaths worldwide. One-third of the deaths from heart attacks and strokes happen in middle and low-income countries. The risk factors include obesity, diabetes, hypertension, increased cholesterol, alcohol, and unhealthy eating patterns. Fortunately, it is 100% preventable.
- Step 1: To prevent heart attacks, eat a fresh garlic clove every day.
- Step 2: Garlic helps in controlling raised cholesterol and hypertension. But do not take it if you are already taking medications. So, it is crucial to talk with your doctor about it.
- Step 1: Alfalfa is one of the best herbs to treat cardiovascular diseases.
- Step 2: Drink a glass of juice made from alfalfa leaves. However, discuss with your doctor for the correct dosage.