Vastu is the science of direction that combines all the five elements of nature and balances them with the man and the material. Vastu Shastra is creating a congenial setting or a place to live or work, in a most scientific way taking advantages of the benefits bestowed by the five elements called “Panchatattva” of nature thereby paving the way for enhanced health, wealth, prosperity and happiness in an enlightened environment.
Vastu Shastra unifies the science, arts, astronomy, and astrology. It can also be said as an ancient mystic science for designing and building. Vastu Shastra helps us to make our lives better and will secure from things going wrong.
The practice of Vastu shastra offers the opportunity to focus on specific areas of your environment with the aim of optimizing the flow of positive energy by incorporating healthy essentials in your home.
Vastu, a cosmic science uses nature’s rhythm to introduce a sense of well being to your life. By simply arranging or correcting your surroundings, you will be able to shift your life towards your true health. When your house has good Vastu, your life will be harmonious, joyful, healthy, and successful.
Your health is directly connected to your environment. Good Vastu may not heal all that ails you, but it can help you become as healthy -both physically and mentally. It can help you rejuvenate body and mind, recover more rapidly from illnesses, minimize complications, and support good health. Poor Vastu arrangement can increase susceptibility to illness, stress, and depressed energy.
Everyone wants to be Happy, Healthy, and Wealthy with all material comforts and peace of mind. Our health depends on the environment we live in or the atmosphere at our home. If there is a Tension, Illness Animosity, or some unseen issue, Vastu Shastra can help resolve these problems. Vastu Shastra also lays down certain guidelines for the inhabitants of the house to ensure good health of the body and mind.
Every house has one or other Vastu defects or dosh and many occupants who are unaware of this concept of Vastu don’t really understand the reason behind the prolonged illness of people living in that house. Vastu has laid down some important guidelines to be followed by people, for keeping good health, Peace, Prosperity and Progress as well as remain in the best of spirits.
Click here for Vastu for Healthy life
Vastu Defects and Disease
East: Liver, Tongue, Limbs, joints
South East: Female Reproductive organs, temperament, Negative thoughts
South: Heart, Blood, Veins, Eyes
South West: Stomach, Womb, Nose
North: Kidney, Ear, Back, Spine
North West: Lungs, Cough, Cold, Skin, Nose
North East: Blood Pressure, Headache, Depression
West: Skin, Nose, Lungs, Fertility, and Conceiving
A healthy home should follow the following rules for Wealthy and Happy Family Life:-
- When sleeping on the bed, ensure you sleep with your head towards the south. Sleeping on the left side is recommended for people who have Vata and Kapha constitutions and for those who have pita, they should sleep on the right side.
- Staircases are an integral part of our homes but believe it or not, staircases can affect your health. Ensure that the staircase of the house is never at the center of the house which shall give way to several health issues. Therefore, position it in a corner only.
- The center of the house should be empty or devoid of any heavy furniture. This is because the center of the home is the Brahmasthan. And it should be kept empty for the free flow of energy in the house. Furniture obstructs the flow of energy and stagnation of energy can bring bad health to the people living in the house.
- Reiki crystals can be kept in the Brahmasthan as it keeps the house energized with positive energy. Reiki can enhance and strengthen positive energy in the house. Install a Reiki charged crystal grid in the Brahmasthan, to keep the whole house energized.
- Overhead beams are used predominantly in houses during construction. But be careful that overhead beams should not run through the center of the house. Overhead beams can cause a disturbed mind because they block the positive communication with your mind.
- The imbalance of fire elements in the home can cause sickness of family members. For good health, it is important that fire elements in the house be in good balance. If the house is south-facing or has a slope in this direction or if the generator faces northeast and if the underground water tank is in the south-east region, health problems will be common.
- Light a candle every day in the fire zone, i.e. the southeast direction in the house to ensure good health. Besides, they also add beauty and brilliance to the surroundings. The color of the candle represents its elements and the effects it may bring in your life.
- If someone in your house is keeping unwell, keep a burning candle in his/her room, for a couple of weeks. Placing the candle in the North is good for career and livelihood.
- The wall surrounding the house boundary and gate should be of the same height. Grow citrus fruits or plants on the sides of the gate. This promotes good health.
- Lord Hanuman is the protector of our health. Place an image of Lord Hanuman in the house that faces south direction, for ensuring good health and happiness.
- while planning the house, if the kitchen is not located in the southeast of the layout, then the occupants of the house shall be vulnerable to several health discomforts.
- Keep all Electrical / Heat generating appliances in the south-East corner of the room.
- Do not keep or hang paintings depicting war, crime, violence, unrest, agony, or distress.
- Elderly people are always more comfortable in the South-West corner.
- Check the sound of your doorbell. If it sounds irritating, family members will be short-tempered. If it has a dull sound, the energy level of the house will be low. The doorbell should be pleasing and soothing.
- Any exposed floor marble or tile was broken in your house could be the cause of a broken relationship among family members. Put a carpet to cover the broken marble/tile or replace it for immediate results.
- Having a toilet/fireplace in the North-East corner of the house can ruin it financially besides mental tension quarrel among people.
- To balance the harmonious soul and to avoid tension and illness in the house, do not keep rubber plants, bonsai, cactus, or milk-producing plants in the house.
- Never sit or sleep under a projected beam to avoid depression, headache, and loss of memory.
- Never put a mirror in front of the bed or attached to the bed. Cover it while sleeping to avoid bad dreams and ensuring a healthy sleep.
- Wooden beds without box (for storage) are the best for sleeping. Avoid metal beds (wrought Iron) etc. as it may lead to health problems related to heart, brain and also causes energy drain problems.
- It is good to stick a happy family photograph or picture inside your living room.
- Your bedroom and bed should have a good Vastu arrangement to support your personal energy. Depending upon which side you position your bed, you will have advantages or disadvantages as per Vastu. – Sleeping in the wrong direction may cause health problems.
– When you sleep with head towards the east, you feel energetic with a feeling of ambition and growth.
– When you sleep with head towards the south , it promotes calmness and tranquility giving you a benefit of the sound sleep.
– Sleeping with head towards the west brings restlessness and incomplete sleep.
– A person should never sleep with the head towards the north. Because of the magnetic effect blood circulation is affected, which may cause serious illness like high blood pressure, sleeplessness, and blood disorder.
- According to Vastu placing clocks in the north or northeast direction will bring health, wealth, and prosperity.
- To have sound sleep, keep mobile phones and any other gadget away from the bed. Also keeping iron stuff beneath the bed creates health problems for people.
Click here for Your Health and Five Elements ( Pancha tattva )
Many people, including other members of the family, keep getting sick more often than others.
The main reason for such health issues is due to Vastu. If any of the 5 elements ( Pancha tattva ): Earth (Prithvi ), Water (Jal ), Fire (Agni ), Air ( Vayu ), and Sky ( Akash ) are disturbed in the home it causes illnesses. These should be more or less balanced as they can never be perfectly balanced.
If your home has too much of the water element – water getting into the walls of the house after rain for example or water gathering in the front or back part of the home, causes people to be sick, be tired, or to be in an irritated mood. If this is the case in your home, then you need to balance it out with the fire element. To do this balancing, burn a candle/do yagna next to the Southern side wall of your home.
If there’s too much fire – you walk mostly in the Southern direction of your home, then it shows skin, blood, and stomach related problems. To balance the fire in the home, you should take showers numerous times in the home and put a small bowl of water in the Southern wall and plant a few tulsi plants on the Northern side.
A home where people complain a lot or where people have to struggle hard shows that the Earth element is dominating that home. For this keep the mid part of your home clean and pure. If it’s a house, you can plant a tulsi plant. If you live in a flat or home where the planting of the tulsi plant is not possible in the middle, mop the floor with water that has salt in it and eat your food only where it is cooked.
Air also causes a lot of stress, stomach ache, headaches, pain in the throat, pain in eyes, pain in legs, loss of concentration, and a feeling agitated all the times show that the air element is weak in the home. To fix this, bring about the Sun’s rays from the East. Don’t let trash gather in the North-East direction of your home, don’t keep water or anything to do with fire there, don’t put dirty shoes or leather items there either. You should put beautiful artistic things there instead.
If many people in the home suffer from agitation, anger, tiredness, lack of concentration, unusual behavior (like fits, etc…), or depression, then it shows that the home’s sky element is not balanced. To fix these issues, keep more plants in the home and do yagna ( worship ) every day. Make sure you use “jatamaasi”, “googul”, and some sesame seeds along with the “hawan samagri” in the yagna.
As soon as you improve the above 5 elements in your home, it will bring about mental peace along with the relief from illnesses.
The Five Elements in Vastu, How do they affect our lives?
The whole universe is made up of five basic elements – the earth, water, fire, air, and sky or space. Our body is also made up of these five basic elements of nature. The five elements are related to our five senses of smell, taste, hearing, touch, and sight. Any imbalance in our external and internal Vastu translates into unhappy situations. Vastu teaches the individual to live in balance and harmony with these senses organs. Each of these elements corresponds to a natural force, which affects our life as given below:
Sky: Space or Cosmic Energy
Air: Wind Intensity and Direction
Water: Gravitational Attraction of the Earth
Fire: Solar radiation
Earth: Magnetic Field of the Earth
The entire Universe, whether it is stars, planets, moons, or any form of life, is made up of these five elements. In buildings each direction is dominated by one element – a balanced state being the cause of positive, and an imbalanced state the cause of negative effects.
It is the balance or imbalance among these Panchtattva that makes one’s Space-a virtual heaven or hell.
It is associated with the conception of new ideas, clarity of thoughts, creation of new vision, flowing of new opportunities in your life, healing energy, immunity, and restoration of health. Water dominates the North direction in buildings.
When Water is in a balanced state in a building, the people in such buildings are able to see the larger picture of life. Though their attitude towards life becomes spiritual and philosophical, they are, at the core, essentially, worldly beings.
Air represents growth in your life. It is also associated with movement, especially rotational movement, so it brings refreshment, fun, joy, and happiness in life. This element dominates the East. The Chinese call it the Wood element.
Air gives you the courage to try new things, take risks for your growth, and to explore your inner-self. You get to meet people who pave the way for your growth and you perform impressively.
Fire is the driving force behind all life processes and thus is equated with money in the modern era. It can transform your life with confidence and enthusiasm. South is the direction of Fire.
In its balanced state, Fire brings you fame and recognition among the masses. It gives you zeal, power, strength, confidence, and money, which become the driving force behind life and its processes.
Mother Earth gives stability. balance, infinite patience, and maturity in character are imbued by this element. Earth dominates the center and diagonal directions in every built-up Space.
When balanced, this element induces stability in your life – be it your career, behavior, relationships, or results of your efforts. It encourages a feeling of peace and harmony with the entire world – especially with those related by blood.
Space represents expansion, enhancement, extension, spread, communication, and even thought process (Mental Space). Space dominates the Western direction. The Chinese call it the Metal element owing to perfect space configuration in metals (Atomic Structure).
In a balanced state, Space gives you the charge of your destiny. It gives you a sense of direction and the ability to get organized, ensuring that you excel in all that you do. Space gives you the knowledge and awareness to understand new, creative, and beneficial ideas.